COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
The purpose of Computer Systems Engineering is to model and implement complex systems. Also Systems Engineering integrates other disciplines including applying of mathematical sciences and computer sciences for the development of Systems. The most relevant aspects involved in computer science are: information and communication theories, the theory of computational complexity, the theory of programming languages, computer programming and systems theories.
The Computer System Engineering program of the National University of Colombia has a current and flexible credit curriculum that promotes comprehensive training and autonomy, as well as a clear sense of belonging and excellent results in different fields of students and graduates. In addition to the dedication of the program’s professors in teaching; researching and extension processes are evidence of the quality of the Systems Engineering program and the institutional solidity of the National University of Colombia.
The program has a professional emphasis in the areas of computer systems, information systems and organizations, systems infrastructure, software methods and technologies, hardware and computer architecture, operations research and application technologies, which are supported by fundamental training in mathematics, probability and statistics, natural sciences, economic and management sciences. For this we have a solid teaching staff for training and with great dedication that involves a high sense of belonging that focuses its permanent effort on the achievement of the objectives proposed in the training of the students of the program.
- Education level: Undergraduate
- Name of the degree: Computer Systems Engineering
- Title granted: Computer Systems Engineer
- Creation agreement of the degree: Agreement 91 of 1978 Higher University Council
- Creation date: March 14th, 1978
- SNIES code: 26
- SIA: code 2879
- Total credits: 165
- Estimated duration: 10 semesters
- Methodology: On-campus
- Type of study: Full-time
- Curricular Area: Computer Systems and Industrial Engineering
- Faculty: Engineering
- Campus: Bogotá
- Accreditation decision: Decision 3576, June 16th, 2008, National Ministry of Education
- Validity of the Accreditation: 8 years
The Computer Systems Engineering Program of the National University of Colombia has been recognized in the group of the best academic programs in 2008 with high quality accreditation granted for a term of 8 years and conferring the Order to Higher Education and the Public Faith "Luis López de Mesa".
Would you like to study Computer Systems Engineering? Look here the reason why
The Programme is aimed at persons who besides of having a bachelor’s degree under Law 30 of 1992, have an interest in natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, information technology and information systems.
In addition, applicants must have a high working discipline, be autonomous and creative, and be willing to work in multidisciplinary groups.
In terms of expected learning outcomes and in accordance to Agreement 026 of 2014 of the Faculty of Engineering Council, the Graduate Profile of the Program seeks students to complete their training in the nest skills:
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding the computer systems engineering, computer science, mathematics and natural sciences.
- Ability to analyze a problem and identify and define the appropriate computational requirements for its solution.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate computer systems, components, processes or programs according to established needs/requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, in national and international contexts to achieve a common goal.
- Understanding the professional, ethical, social, historical, environmental, economic and legal aspects and responsibilities and the appropriation of these ones as guidelines for their work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently to a variety of audiences in different languages like spanish, english, as well including a third strategic language and formal, graphic and symbolic languages.
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Ability and recognition of the need for Lifelong Learning to be continuously updated both in your profession and in other areas to enable you to understand the historical context locally and globally, political, social, economic and environmental aspects of its work.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and tools that are updated and suitable at any time for the practice of the profession.
According to the Academic Council Agreement 97 of 2014, the objectives of the Program are to train leading Computer and Systems Engineers academically and professionally to:
- Plan, analyze, design, implement, manage and evaluate computer systems and services based on these.
- Analyze, design, implement and manage complex information and knowledge systems.
- Develop mathematical models especially related to the research area of operations and apply them in the solution of practical problems.
- Participate in consulting and auditing activities related to computer systems.
- Participate in assessment, negotiation, selection and technology transfer activities at the level of equipment, software and resources in general.
The objectives of the program and the vision of the university are related one another. The most binding aspect is highlighted when the "generation of knowledge" is mentioned in the vision, since the vision contemplates the "solution of fundamental problems of Colombian society" as well as the objectives of the program consider the "solutions to the problems of the society and our environment" on the basis of training in the areas of science knowledge and systems engineering and computer science demonstrating consistency between the vision and objectives of the programme.
Credits of Compulsory Subjects
Credits of Optative Subjects
Total of credits required
Probability and Statistics
Economic and Administrative Sciences
dits of Compulsory Subjects
Credits of Optative Subjects
Total of credits required
Software Methods and Technology
Computer, Communications and Information Infrastructure
Models, Systems, Optimization and Simulation
Professional Context and Engineering Projects
Educational Project of the Program
- Wilson Adarme Jaimes - Web , CvLAC
- Jairo Hernán Aponte Melo - Web , CvLAC
- Emiliano Barreto Hernández - CvLAC
- Christian Johannes Bruszies - CvLAC
- Libia Denisse Cangrejo Aljure - Web , CvLAC
- Jorge Eliecer Camargo Mendoza - Web , CvLAC
- Ismael Castañeda Fuentes - Web , CvLAC
- Oscar Fernando Castellanos Domínguez - Web , CvLAC
- Jean Pierre Charalambos Hernández - Web , CvLAC
- Félix Antonio Cortes Aldana - Web , CvLAC
- Helga Duarte Amaya - Web , CvLAC
- Jonatan Gómez Perdomo - Web , CvLAC
- Fabio Augusto González Osorio - Web , CvLAC
- German Jairo Hernández Pérez - Web , CvLAC
- Elizabeth León Guzmán - Web , CvLAC
- Gabriel José Mañana Guichon - Web , CvLAC
- Sonia Esperanza Monroy Varela - Web , CvLAC
- Carlos Eduardo Moreno Mantilla - Web , CvLAC
- Luis Fernando Niño Vásquez - Web , CvLAC
- Jorge Eduardo Ortiz Triviño - Web , CvLAC
- Ingrid Patricia Páez Parra - Web , CvLAC
- Cesar Augusto Pedraza Bonilla - Web , CvLAC
- José Ismael Peña Reyes - Web , CvLAC
- Felipe Restrepo Calle - Web , CvLAC
- Sandra Liliana Rojas Martínez - Web , CvLAC
- Edgar Eduardo Romero Castro - Web , CvLAC
- Jenny Marcela Sánchez Torres - Web , CvLAC
- Juan Carlos Torres Pardo - Web , CvLAC
- Jesús Guillermo Tovar Rache - Web
- Henry Roberto Umaña Acosta - Web
- Edgar Miguel Vargas Chaparro - Web , CvLAC
Student CharterAGREEMENT 008 OF 2008
Credits/ComponentsAGREEMENT 097 OF 2014
Degree StructureAGREEMENT 026 OF 2014
AGREEMENT 086 OF 2013 OF THE HIGHER UNIVERSITY COUNCIL
Coordinator: Elizabeth León Guzmán
Address: Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03, Building Aulas de Ingeniería (453), Office 206
Telephone: (+57) (1) 316 5000 ext 14084
Secretary: Gloria Esperanza Suárez
Address: Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03 Building CADE de Ingeniería, First floor
Telephone: (+57) (1) 316 5000 ext 13673
Jenny Marcela Sánchez Torres
Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03, Ciudad Universitaria
Building 453(Aulas de Ingeniería), Second floor, Office 209
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext: 14068