FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
It is the highest governing body of the Faculty. Among its functions, it establishes and applies evaluation systems for the academic programs and the staff assigned to the Faculty; approves research plans and evaluates and approves university extension activities; applies the student statute and studies and recommends the agreements or contracts for scientific assessment. It is also responsible for matters related to the University Welfare policies and for issuing its own regulations, among other activities.
The Engineering Faculty Council is composed of:
- The Dean, who presides over it.
- The Academic Vice-Dean, who presides over it in the absence of the Dean
- The Vice Dean of Research and Specialized consultancy
- A tenured Professor, at least on the category of Associate, chosen by the teaching staff of the Faculty.
- An undergraduate student chosen by the undergraduate students of the Faculty.
- A postgraduate student chosen by the graduate students of the Faculty.
- A graduate, who cannot be professor at the University, appointed by the Graduates Association, the Academies or the Professionals Associations related to the Faculty and legally constituted. The Board of Directors will select the graduates from a list of three candidates proposed by the Faculty Council, according to the regulations issued by the Superior University Council.
- A tenured Professor belonging to another Faculty, at least on the category of Associate, delegated by the Superior University Council and elected from a list of three sent by the Rector.
- The Directors of Basic Academic Units. Faculties with more than three Basic Academic Units must select a maximum of three among them.
- Directors of Curricular Areas, chosen among them. Faculties with more than three curricular programs must select a maximum of three among them.
- The Welfare Director
- Acts as secretary, the Secretary of the Faculty.
- The members of the Faculty Council will be designated for periods of two years and will remain in their positions as long as they met the corresponding requirements.