- Education Level: Professional - Undergraduate
- Name of the curricular program: Chemical Engineering
- Title granted: Chemical Engineer
- Year of creation: 1939
- SNIES Code: 29
- SIA Code: 2549
- Total credits: 180
- Estimated duration: 10
- Methodology: On-Campus
- Journey: Daytime
- Student enrollment: 1117 (october 2019)
- Curricular Area: Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty: Engineering
- Campus: Bogotá
67 + 60 expected
The applicant must have good ability to observe physical, chemical and biological phenomena, develop critical and creative analysis, and deduce the laws that regulate them. They must show interest in the observation, analysis and research of the physical and chemical transformations of nature, specifically those related to the processes of mixtures separation and chemical reaction.
The program is aimed at the education of professionals with the following profile (in agreement with Institutional Educational Project (CA, Agreement 041 of 2009)): The chemical engineers of the Universidad Nacional, Bogota campus, are able to innovate, research, team working, create a company, design and improve products and processes of physical, chemical or biological transformation and dialogue permanently with the national and international specialized community. They are professionals with solid scientific and technological education, leadership, social responsibility and administrative skills, who effectively affect the development of the country.
Graduates of the Program in Chemical Engineering of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia Bogotá Campus, will be integral citizens and professionals who:
- Will develop their careers applying their scientific, technological, humanistic and administrative knowledge, with social responsibility, to positively influence society.
- Will become leading professionals who design, operate, manage or market products, processes or industrial facilities, incorporating sustainability criteria.
- Will use the communication and teamwork skills developed during their educational process, as well as their commitment to life-long learning, to advance their careers.
- Will contribute to the well-being of their communities through their involvement in research, development and innovation projects.
Approved by the Academic Council, Agreement 175 of 2019, minute 09 of december 11, 2019
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemical and biological sciences, in Chemical Engineering.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for the Chemical Engineering practice.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design systems, components, products and/or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on teams.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to participate in research, innovation and / or entrepreneurship processes.
Obteniendo datos del Sistema de Información Acádemica SIA
The student of the Chemical Engineering Program has the possibility of enhancing their professional education in different areas:
- Biotechnological processes
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Polymeric Materials
- Inorganic Materials
- Catalytic and Petrochemical Processes
- Biorefineries and biofuels
- Analysis and design of reactors
- Process System Engineering
- Economy and administration
To deepen in any of these areas, credits of the free-choice component are used.
In addition, the program has several Research Groups where students can complement their theoretical-practical knowledge and to develop and actively participate in research topics.
Industrial: Projection, supervision, construction, assembly, control and operation of facilities and equipment.
Administrative: Preparation, technical and economic evaluation of industrial projects in companies or entreprises that provide engineering services (engineering firms and consultants). Direction, management, administration and organization of industrial and financial companies.
Research: Adaptation, innovation or generation of processes and products, to adjust them to technical, economic and environmental requirements. Formulation and evaluation of basic and applied research projects. Study, management and adaptation of technological changes to improve production methods.
Professor: Develops academic, research and university consultant activities regarding the areas of Chemical Engineering and related professions.
Curricular coordinator: Luis Fernando Córdoba Castrillón
Address: Bogotá, Carrera 30 No. 45-03, Building 412 Ofice 206
Telephone: (+57) (1) 13369 - 14304
Support Team Sindy Tatiana Dussán Huertas
E-mail: email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Bogotá, Carrera 30 No. 45-03, Edificio de atención a estudiantes - CADE, primer piso, modulo Ingeniería Química
Telephone: (+57) (1) 13369-14304
Telephone: (+57) (1) 316 5000 Ext: 13369
MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION - RESOLUTION 9274 OF OCTOBER 18, 2011