SPECIALIZATION IN E-GOVERMENT
- Education level: Postgraduate Specialization
- Academic Program: Specialization in E-Government
- Title granted: E-Government Specialist
- SNIES code: 103554
- Year of creation: 2014
- Openimg year: 2014
- Campus: Bogotá
- Faculty: Engineeerig
- Estimated duration: 2 semesters
- Total credits: 28
- Six-monthly fees (detailed down by points):
The costs of postgraduate courses at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia are calculated by points. Each point is equivalent to one day of the Legal Minimum Wage in Force.
The prospective students should be professionals in administration, engineering, or other areas interested in e-government management and implementing information technologies for public management
Graduates of the Specialization will be professionals able to management strategies that contribute to the implementation and use of e-government, depending on an efficient, transparent and participatory State.
The overall learning outcome of the program is to:
Contribute to the training of human resources in Electronic or Digital Government - EG -, able to understand the potentialities of using information technologies in order to improve public management. The program is a space for technological, methodological and professional renewal and updating in e-government, contributing to the consolidation of an efficient, transparent and participatory State.
The specific learning outcomes of the curriculum are:
- Provide an e-government vision as a cross-cutting and institutional strategic project in improving governance.
- Identify information technology management models based on e-government optimization.
- To provide the elements to develop managerial skills that allow the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of Electronic Government projects.
Academic Activities and Subjects
Total credits of the Curriculum
Introduction to E-Government
Information technologies and e-Government
Project management applied to e-Government
Quality of service in e-Government
Workshop applied to e-Government
ELECTIVE COURSES OFFERED BY THE PROGRAM
Specialization in e-Government
NON-MASS ADMISSION PROCESS
We want to inform you that the admission process is annual.
- If you are an international student, click on the link for more information Aspirantes Extranjeros. We clarified that the certificates of admission and acceptance letters (if required) are issued only to applicants selected by the Universidad Nacional de Colombia in the admissions process established.
- Pay the registration fees from 7 March to 13 May 2022 until 17:00
- Register via the Internet from 7 March to 13 May 2022 until 17:00
- Reception of digital documents on the platform: Fill in the web application to upload the applicant's CV and media from 16 to 26 May 2022 until 17:00. On 16 May, the University will send information for accessing the web platform to the applicant's e-mail address registered in the admissions system. See recommendations below.
- Deadline for submission of an argumentative essay: 24 May 2022 until 17:00. On 17 May the University will send the guidelines for the submission of the essay will be sent to the email address with which you formalized your registration in the admissions system
- Publication of summons to final examinations: 8 June 2022. Notification will be sent to the email address with which you formalized your registration in the admissions system as to whether or not the applicant will continue in the process.
- Application of the final tests (INTERVIEW): from 10 to 16 June .The interviews will be carried out by videoconference through the platformGoogle Meet.The access information to the platform will be sent to the e-mail with which you formalized the registration in the admission system
- Publication of final admission results: 24 June 2022.
Documents marked with (*) are optional. However, these supports give points within the rating of the resume, it is recommended to attach them in case of having them.
a) CURRICULUM VITAE
- Identification document.
- Professional card*
- Support for university studies:
- Degree Certificate
- Transcript of grades.
- Document legalized by apostille or diplomatic delegation (in the case of certificates obtained abroad)
- Certificate of completion of studies issued by the institution where he/she studied (for students who do not yet have an undergraduate degree)
- Academic History Report (for undergraduate students of the National University of Colombia with choice of graduate degree)
- Academic Honors*:
- Name of the distinction, institution that grants, date on which it was granted (please attach the supporting documentation).
- Professional Experience*:
- Name of the institution or company, type of relationship, start and end date (or in progress), position, main function and attach support of it.
- Experience as a Professor*:
- Name of the institution, dedication of the company, start and end date (or in progress), areas of work, information of subjects taught and intention of hours per week and attach support.
- Research Experience*:
- Name of the research project, institution, project area, funding entity, main functions, start date of linkage and completion (or ongoing), country and attach support.
- Intellectual Production*:
- Type of production (article in indexed journal, book, book chapter, patent, software, pilot plant, industrial design, other production), production data and attach support.
- Certifications of Language Proficiency*:
- English is not required as a requirement in the admission process, however, attach support if you have it.
- Academic or professional references*:
- The website will ask you for the basic contact details of two people who will register 2 academic or professional references according to the profile to which you aspire (academic references apply to the research profile, whereas academic or professional references apply to the deepening profile). The information provided by the persons you indicate is confidential and will be known only to the program directives during the admission evaluation process.
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTATION
The previous documents will be submitted by filling out a web application. Each applicant will receive an e-mail from the Academic Vice-Deanship of the Faculty with the instructional link.
The School of Engineering of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia is not responsible if the applicant cannot submit his/her data and documents satisfactorily through the platform due to the demand of simultaneous users exceeding the system's capacity. It is recommended to advance the process before the closing date.
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THE FOLLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Advance the document loading process prior to the closing date.
- Verify that you have all required documents, each in PDF format (only) and that it does not exceed the size of 10MB.
- Allow sufficient time to load the documents. Loading of documents can be done in parts, closing each time you finish loading each part of the requested documentation.
- The documents related to a (*) are optional, the others are mandatory. However, these supports give points within the qualification of the resume, it is recommended to attach them in case of having them.
- To make changes to documents you have previously loaded, you must load the new document and save the changes. The new document will replace the previously loaded one.
- The application using a set of choices indicates the number of records loaded in each section and points in red to the section in which there are no loaded supports.
- Previously contact the people you will relate to as references, and make sure that you enter the recommendations within the set deadline.
- After loading the entire documentation, it will be enough to log out to save it. This information will be stored and sent automatically to the evaluators after application closure.
The regulations governing the admission process for postgraduate programs of Universidad Nacional de Colombia are contained in Decision 035 of 2014 of the Academic Vice-rectory, specifically the Faculty of Engineering details some aspects by Agreement 028 of 2016 of the Faculty of Engineering Council, the weighting of its components is as shown below:
Minimum approval score
3.0 over 5.0
CV Assessment criteria
- Affinity of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Professional experience (including experience as professor).
- Experience in researching.
- Previous academic performance.
- Academic references.
- Academic distinctions.
- Intellectual production.
- Language Proficiency.
Exams Assessment Criteria
- Structure and organization of the essay-type text
- Global coherence. The essay is organized in such a way that it is argued throughout the writing with the purpose of establishing proof or demonstration of the truth or falsity of the propositions established from the subject established for the proof.
- Each part of the essay must be cohesive and properly articulated so that a common thread is evident in the argumentation.
- The adequate use of technical or specialized terms so that they are used with relevance and precision.
- Appropriate use of the resources used in favour of the central thesis of the essay on the subject.
- The text must be in accordance with the grammar and spelling of the Spanish language.
- Use of quotations, footnotes, tables, figures, bibliographical references.
Interview Assessment Criteria
- Commitment to the program, reasons to advance graduate studies.
- Availability of time to attend the program.
- Economic sufficiency.
- Ability to work in research groups.
- Communication skills.
- Experience in the research line or deepening in which you intend to work.
Minimum admission score
The minimum admission mark after weighting all the components of the entrance examination shall be 3.0 out of 5.0. However, the admission cutoff mark also appeared on the number of places available in the program.
QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION
Current Status: Assessed
Self-assessment starting date:
Creation :Agreement 025 of 2014 Headquarters Council of Bogotá
Opening :Agreement 026 of 2014 Council
Curriculum Structure :Agreement 33 of 2016 Council Faculty of Engineering - Headquarters Bogotá
Costs Structure :Decision 567 of 2004 Council Faculty of Engineering - Headquarters Bogotá
Admission :Agreement 28 of 2016 Council Faculty of Engineering - Headquarters Bogotá
Program Coordinator: Jenny Marcela Sánchez Torres
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext. 14068
Address: Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03, Campus Ciudad Universitaria Building 453, Office 209
Curricular area: Computer Systems and Industrial Engineering
Director: Jenny Marcela Sánchez Torres
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext. 14068
Jenny Marcela Sánchez Torres
Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03, Ciudad Universitaria
Building 453(Aulas de Ingeniería), Second floor, Office 209
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext: 14068