DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
The origin of the Department of Chemical Engineering dates back to the inclusion of the Chemical Engineering program to the Faculty of Engineering on August 19, 1965, through Agreement 188 of the CSU. At that time, the Faculty of Engineering was integrated by the Departments of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. The Department of Chemical Engineering was organized since then to offer academic services to the faculty programs from five administrative units called sections: Thermodynamics and Design, Processes and Chemical Industries, Unit Operations and Pilot Plant, and Administration and Programming.
These initial sections evolved and became the current Academic Units (Transfer Operations, Chemical Processes and Thermodynamics) and the nucleus of new departments of the Faculty, like the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering. Since the beginning, the Department was conceived for bringing together professors and scheduling the offer of courses to different academic programs, where the most important are those for Chemical Engineering.
The Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering was created by decision of the Superior University Council - CSU, through Agreement 14 of 2007 to adapt the structure of the Faculty of Engineering to the requirements of the General Statute of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Agreement 11 of 2005 of the CSU). It was determined that the Faculties are organized in Curricular Areas and Departments; hence, the existing Department of Chemical Engineering was transformed.
Ruth Janneth Lancheros Salas
- Sindy Tatiana Dussan Huertas
- OFFICE HOURS:
- Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 m and 2:00 to 4:00 pm
MISSION Y VISION
- To guide the integral education of engineering professionals, mainly Chemical Engineers, Master’s in Chemical Engineering, Master’s in Environmental Engineering and PhD. in Chemical Engineering.
- To promote the human development of its teaching and administrative staff.
- To respond efficiently and expeditiously to requests from society, within the competence of chemical engineering.
- To provide creative technological solutions that contribute to industrial production with efficient processes that ensure the preservation of natural resources, guarantee sustainability and raise the standard of living of society.
- To assimilate and incorporate technological developments in infrastructure and media that facilitate pedagogical action in teaching and research.
- To assimilate, produce, disseminate and share knowledge to expand the field of the Chemical Engineering.
- To interact at the inter and intra institutional levels with Departments of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and national and international research institutes to link scientific knowledge and technological developments in joint projects.
- To adopt forms of organization that allow the creation of work groups with professors and students to analyze the context, realities and trends of the chemical industry.
- To act ethically and develop the sense of belonging to the Department, the Faculty and the University in teachers and students.
- To strengthen the image of the Universidad Nacional as an educational institution of excellence.
- To promote excellence in the education of Chemical Engineers.
- To contribute to the definition of the structure of undergraduate and postgraduate curricular programs.
- To assimilate, produce and disseminate of the knowledge required by the chemical industry.
- To interact and integrate with society, promoting the formation of citizens sensitive to national interests, free, creative, critical and respectful of democratic values, civil duties and Human Rights.
- To address the demand for services from the curricular programs of the Faculty of Engineering.
- To develop relevant research and specialized consultancy of an interdisciplinary nature, focused on the solution of society's problems at the national and international level.