SPECIALIZATION IN TRAFFIC AND ROAD DESIGN AND SAFETY
- Education level: Postgraduate Specialization
- Graduate Program: Specialization in Traffic and Road Design and Safety
- Title granted: Engineer Specialist - Traffic and Road Design and Safety
- SNIES Code: 53266
- Year of creation: 2007
- Openning year: 2007
- Campus: Bogotá
- Faculty: Engineering
- Estimated duration: 3 semesters
- Total credits:28
- Six-monthly fees (detailed down by points):
- Equivalence of a point: One day of the current statutory minimum monthly wage (CSMMW) 2020 - ( Circular 1 of 2020 - General Secretariat = 29,260 COP
- Current approximate cost of the semester: $5,731,700 COP
Applicants for the Specialization Program in Traffic and Road Design and Safety must be able to:
- Design, analyse and design works related to road and transport infrastructure taking into account the concepts of quality control.
- To evaluate and project different infrastructures for the transit of the different road users.
- Identify and quantify the main variables affecting pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Apply criteria and standards to establish design parameters for road projects.
- Use basic CAD (computer-aided design) or GIS (geographic information systems) tools applied to the design and planning of transport projects to support the process of drawing up and editing plans and other graphic material.
- Spatial abstraction and graphic representation to analyze the three-dimensional aspects of a road engineering project and to develop digital terrain models (DTM), based on information obtained in plans or direct topographical surveys.
- Monitor and evaluate the development of road works
- Specialists will be able to plan and manage the transit of urban and interurban networks under criteria of security and environmental sustainability.
- Specialists with the capacity of autonomous learning and mastery of technical knowledge in the area, to act in interdisciplinary groups and have leadership in the management of traffic engineering, design and road safety issues.
- Graduates will be able to participate as road safety auditors in all phases of road infrastructure projects and in the development of management processes and impact assessment in infrastructure projects.
- Specialists with the capacity to pose, analyze and solve with a critical responsible and ethical vision the problems of the road infrastructure related to its planning and design.
The specific training objective of the curriculum is:
Train professionals in the areas of traffic engineering, road safety, road project management and infrastructure design to technically solve mobility problems on urban and rural roads.
Academic Activities and Subjects
Free Elective Subjects
Total credits of the Curriculum
Specialization in Traffic and Road Design and Safety
Call for proposals 2020-02
We would like to inform you that the program will not be offered for the period 2020-02. Thank you for your attention.
Nos permitimos informar que el programa no se ofertará para el período 2021-1S. Gracias por su atención.
Contact: Sonia Cecilia Mangones Matos
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext. 16612
Address: Av. NQS (Carrera 30), 45-03, Campus Ciudad Universitaria, Building 214, Office 415
Curricular area: Civil and Agricultural Engineering
Director: Caori Patricia Takeuchi Tam
Telephone: (+57) (1) 3165000 Ext. 13663
QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION
Current Status: Unassessessed
Self-assessment starting date: